Anyone out to start a business has to jump through the myriad of hoops to get up and running and I really feel like I made some real progress over the last week.
- I registered the business name with the county clerk
- Applied for an Employer Identification Number
- Took that documentation to open a business account with the bank
- Used that information to apply for a sales tax license number
Then with the Etsy Store:
- Wrote my return policies
- Wrote an introduction to the store
- Changed the name of the store to Make Haste Design (I already had the Etsy account and by default it makes your store name the same as your username.)
Only thing I am still struggling with is how to list shipping options, but I assume I will figure that out through trial and error. Writing this all out makes me feel like this is now a reality. Just need to keep the ball rolling.